about

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

BEAUTIFUL BLUE & GREEN.

Putting Blue & Green Together Beautifully.
I stopped in the always inspiring Dallas Mecox store a few days ago.
I always leave there inspired. Just because a store is a bit (or more than a bit) out of your current price range doesn't mean you shouldn't go in. Go in! 
Go in to get inspired.


This gorgeous green chandelier caught my eye. Look how great it looks up against the dark-blue painted wall. I didn't bother to look at the price because I knew it was well out of my price range. But don't fret because I've been checking out some cool big blue and green beads at Hobby Lobby, and I plan on making my own fabulous blue or green (maybe blue and green if I'm feeling daring) chandelier. I will even make it a DIY blog project. So …stay tuned.



I also saw this really great blue bench. What a great shade of blue, and I always love a tufted bench. Here's another great example of doing blue and green right. I can see a beautiful bedroom with those lamps on the bedside tables and that wonderful bench, with the pillows of course, at the foot of the bed. The bed linen would be all white.


The blue grass-cloth wallpaper… Beautiful!


This sofa and the pillows are a hit in my book.

In a coming post I'll show you how to get the designer look at any price.
I'm going to spend a few days at Target, Walmart , Ross, Tj Maxx, and a few other places where you can actually find some great stuff at very affordable prices if you know what to look for.

1 comment:

  1. love that couch, redesigning an existing piece makes my heart happy :)

    ReplyDelete