about

Thursday, January 30, 2014

MID-CENTURY MIX AT WEST ELM

 It's time to go shopping again.
 This time I'm taking you to the West elm store.


This season the look is eclectic with a mid-century focus.


Lets take a walk around the Dallas store.


That mid-century style dining table would also make a cool office desk.



Accents in orange.
West elm has some great pillows to begin your new home transformation.


Cool blues.
I see some great vases and I'm liking that Appliqued Diamonds pillow on the sofa ($39). Those are some of my living room colors.



Anyone need a nice faux rhino or moose head? 
They would look good mixed into your new wall art grouping.


check out my favorites of the day.



The foxed mirror light pendant $179. Those colorful modernist bowls are only $8 each. That Strata marble tile wallpaper…love it! It would be stunning in a small bathroom with a beautiful gold mirror. I like that Kisanii yellow pillow at $49 because it looks like a piece of modern art. The pillar table lamp in brass $199 would work well mixed into any decor. The Eduardo Garza box $59 is fabulous. Topped with a crystal, it's made of soap stone and it looks just like a Kelly Wearstler but for a mere fraction of the price. And last, but definitely not least, the famous Martini table $149. Red and silver are both nice, but I must have it in the antique brass.

I hope you enjoyed shopping at West elm today.
BUT WAIT…There's more.

I leave you with another great DIY project.

I had been searching high and low for the right plates for this project. 
Today I found these great plates at West elm. ($8 each)



I always keep some of these 3"-3¾" convex hot spot (or blind spot) mirrors around just incase I find the right project. I used the 3¾" for this project (1.99 ea). I buy them in the automotive section of Lowes, Walmart or anywhere else I can find them. 


All I did was peel and stick the mirror onto the center of each plate. 
Did I mention that this was the easiest DIY ever?


Then I added a plate hanger to the back.                      
And TA-DA! Four fabulous mirrors to adorn your lovely home.
As you can see from the reflection in the mirror, I've hung them in my office.
Thanks for going shopping with me. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment