about

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

WALLS THAT TALK.

WHAT DOES YOUR HOUSE SAY?
In my house more than just the walls talk. The pillows, plates, and even the pretty little frames on my desk all have something to say.


You may remember, a few days ago when I posted a photo of my living room,   my last name was written on the wall in big letters.


I collected those letters for a few years before they officially spelt "LINDQVIST".
The big black letters I purchased at a junk (and I mean JUNK) store out in a little East Texas town. As we were driving by I saw them sprawled out on the lawn. Not just the four you see there, but about twelve different letters including a cool ampersand symbol. I got them all for only $25. The different style letters makes it more interesting.

The plates were $2 and $3 plates that I found at T.J.Maxx.I painted them with black acrylic paint. The best part was that when I messed up a letter (and I did mess up several times) I just wiped it off with a wet paper towel and started again. 



My son's rooms also have words.
I made this for my older son's room a couple of years ago. I used a pair of wings that I purchased (on sale) after Christmas at Marshall's. 
That's our "SNOWY" sitting on the floor. Poor thing had to get neutered, and then to top it all off, he has to wear that annoying collar for two weeks. Actually, I'm not sure if it's him or us who's most annoyed by it. We'll be healing from our bruises and touching up some wall paint next week.



 Just made this pillow for my youngest son. It was very easy. The green 
pillow-cover was only $3 at IKEA. I purchased some ink jet quick-fuse fabric sheets at Hobby Lobby. I chose 3 different fonts, printed it on the fabric sheet, cut the words out, and ironed them on. So easy and very inexpensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment