about

Friday, February 21, 2014

DECORATING WITH VIBRANT COLOR

Let's check out a designer showroom filled with color.


I took some great photo's at IBB Design showroom in Frisco, Texas this week. They don't only do bright colors, they work in beiges and grays, and whatever else you might like, but I was enjoying all the color so much that that's what I  focused on. This photo above, which I'll call "Laurie's rug" since I kind of dig it, speaks to me. It says, "I make blue and yellow look pretty good." 


Orange with shades of purple…I like it.
This is a sitting area in a bedroom arrangement and I believe I'll call it "Texas sunset." If I knew how to cut an image out on photoshop (haven't figured that one out yet) I would put a nice cowboy hat on the corner of that bed. And to complete the Texas sunset look, we would need a couple of cool antler sconces (instead of the art on either side of the sunset painting) of course. 












Hmmm…
I don't have a name for this one yet, but I really like a lot of what I see here.
The bench, the tray,that great mirrored piece, and even that little box…I'm liking very much.




















This is the beach to me. It's the colors of sand, sky, and ocean. Great table, and I like the stools. I'll call it "Ocean Grove" because it brings back memories of spending summers on the beach in Ocean Grove, New Jersey when I was very young. I don't know what it's like there now, but back in those days (70's) we would fly kites in the park, feed peanuts to the very friendly squirrels by the cathedral, spend hours in the shell shop, rock in rocking chairs on the porches, and go gambling with grandma on the boardwalk. I miss grandma.



I'll call this one "Katie" because it reminds me of my niece who's a Glam girl. 



You can find a lot of colorful accessories at the IBB Design showroom. I especially like that long green malachite box.



Pillows, pillows, and more pillows. I love a great pillow.











 Yes, this one is...

"Sipping sparkling water in the Bahamas"

No, I don't have a Bahamas story because I haven't been there yet.

But…
maybe soon. 
A girl can dream.

Lovin' the orange lamps
and that great console













Well, I'll leave you with a few more photo's. 
I hope you enjoyed our visit to this fun colorful showroom. 
On Monday I'll have another great DIY project. Have a fabulous weekend.








No comments:

Post a Comment