about

Monday, April 7, 2014

ADMIRING A DESIGNERS WORK

While I was out searching for just the right fabric for my new living room pillows this weekend, I stopped into the Gary Riggs Retail showroom to check it out.


It's inspiring and Its Gorgeous! 
 I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again…I love the look of modern and traditional mixed together in a space. The modern art, vases, and the stripes on the chair, next to the traditional style tufted sofa looks great. 


I wouldn't mind sleeping in this bedroom. Clearly this interior designer loves decorative pillows as much as I do. Loving the chandelier and the small mirrors on the wall. I especially love that rectangular pillow with the O's on the sofa.



This gray rug is speaking to me. Love it! Want it!  Again, see how good the modern tables, chair, and rug work with the traditional pieces like that fabulous tufted bench.


 I like to add a unique "something" to each room.
Check out these clever and unique pieces of furniture.


Another beautiful bedroom design. My husband and I use to have a very high four poster bed. I love the look, but at 5'4", I don't miss having to crawl up into it. And…Lol…it was a queen size bed, which is great for the early years of marriage, but now... we definitely love our king sized bed.


Brass is hot again, just in case you didn't know. I'm really liking this brass chandelier with the red stones.


Beautiful, and looks especially great up against that modern red painting on the wall behind it.


This furniture up against that rustic wall…intriguing. clearly belongs to a woman from the city who moved all her stuff out to the country after she married a rancher. 


I also found some clever accessories at the Gary Riggs store, like these fun beaded lions, and clever soaps.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I must have those soaps!!!

    ReplyDelete