about

Monday, April 14, 2014

I'M GOING TO HAVE MY CAKE AND EAT IT TOO.

Tomorrow is my Birthday. 
No! I'm not going to mention the age. I will say that it's a big birthday with a zero at the end of the number. A number that I enjoy in currency, but not necessarily in age.

( Paul Ferney) 

I thought it would be a good day to share some cake art. You would be surprised about how many cake paintings are actually out there. My birthday, the one day a year that I don't have to feel guilty about eating a piece of cake.
Or pie...

( Wayne Thiebaud)

What do I want for my birthday?


Well, the truth is that While the items pictured above are gifts that I would definitely not turn away, my actual wish list for this year is much more practical. I told my husband that I want a new printer. The kind of printer that uses 8 colors rather than the usual 4. Then I can print some great art/pictures/photo's since I've been in such a major creative flow lately.  And, before I forget…if anyone sent me a birthday card…there better at least be $1 inside. When I was growing up, my favorite birthday cards were the cards that had spaces for 10 dimes. Back then, I would love getting those cards, and now I still expect to at least find $1 in every birthday card. 

(Browneyedbaker.com)

This is my dream cake. 
Peanut butter and chocolate together equal perfection in my book.
I make a really yummy chocolate cake with chocolate peanut butter frosting myself. My family calls it "Aunt Cindy's cake" because Aunt Cindy always made it when we were kids. Then several years back, I brought "Aunt Cindy's Cake" recipe up a notch by adding a big scoop of peanut butter to the icing. It was always a great cake, but now it's a super-great cake. I have a question... What's with all the cakes with the fondant on top? It may look pretty, but in no way does it taste as good. In Texas we say, "Don't mess with Texas!" Well, I also say, "Don't mess with icing!"
I may not want to talk about my age, especially because I'm pretty sure that the number must be wrong…I'm quite sure that I'm actually 15 years younger than that number, but the one thing I do know for sure is that my best years are not behind, my best years are definitely yet to come.
...Can I get an A'men?

2 comments: