about

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

INSPIRED BY GOD

Every time I go out for a walk I see something that inspires me.


On Saturday, as I was walking to the park just behind our house to check on my always-out-playing kids, I saw this blue jay in the tree. I happened to have my camera and hoped the bird wouldn't fly away before I got the lens cap off and aimed my camera. I was pretty far away but have a zoom lens on my camera. I'm no expert, and once I zoomed in…I couldn't even find the bird in the shot (on the little screen). It would have helped a bit if I had brought my reading glasses. Oh those annoying reading glasses...the gift that comes with getting older. Finally, after zooming in and out a few times and praying that he wouldn't fly off, I took the shot. I still had no idea if it was really even in-focus, but when I got home and put the disc in my computer…I was quite stunned and pleased to find this great picture. This is the actual shot…no photoshoping (except to add my blog-title watermark). Wow, he even has food in his mouth.

I also took this photo just a few minutes after the blue jay shot. I got a bit close to this tree and managed to get this great shot even though I was suddenly surrounded by bee's. My husband bought me a camera for Christmas after I announced that I would be starting a blog on Jan. 1. Now, I never leave home without it. You never know when you might see a very cool chandelier, a giant 30ft tall eyeball (like in my Jan 3, 2014 post) or an inspiring blue jay in a tree.


The image above and the three below, I actually took with an IPHONE 4s. I walk a lot and find myself often looking up into the trees (and taking photo's) on days when the sky is so blue and the trees are especially pretty. I keep saying that I'm going to enlarge these pictures and frame them in a groovy modern grouping. Hopefully now that I've put it in writing for all of you to read…I'll actually do it.


I love fall. I love the cool weather that comes after the heat (especially the Texas heat that makes me wonder how on earth anyone dared to live in this state before air-conditioning), the gorgeous colors of the fall leaves, and the fabulous fall clothes that hit the stores.


These images, (yes the photos, but I mean the actual bird,tree, sky etc…) always have me declaring out-loud, "God, You are AWESOME!"


We all use the word awesome a bit too liberally. I think it should be saved for describing God and his…...…"awesomeness".


When I see the vivid green colors of the new leaves, on the tree in my front yard, against the beautiful bright blue sky, I can't help but run and grab my camera. It's almost the same as how when I hear my kids looking for me, I cant help but hide. No! not so that they cant find me…well at least not usually, but so that I can jump out and scare them.

I live in a the suburbs just north of Dallas. It's all still very new up here, and there are still a few leftover pieces of farm land with cows or in this case... horses. So, within walking distance of my home I can visit this guy and his four other pals. There's something really special about horses, and I've read that they even have some similarities to angels. God is so cool.

2 comments:

  1. I won't say that is awesome....I will however, say that it is fantastic! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment :) and for leaving the "AWESOME" for God.

      Delete