about

Saturday, May 10, 2014

SPINNING COLORFUL CIRCLES

From sphere pillows (see my last post) to art circles.


 I always wondered how they painted those perfect circles.


 I was inspired by a painting in the Laura Lee Clark showroom.



This morning I pulled out the never used lazy susan that I purchased at Ikea. I didn't buy it to use as a lazy susan anyway, I bought it because it was so inexpensive, and I knew that there must be a way to incorporate it into an unusual art piece. I still haven't made that unusual "art piece", but I did find a cool use for it this morning.
I grabbed some random paint colors, a paint brush, and a sheet of paper. I used a tiny piece of double stick tape to keep the paper from spinning off the lazy susan, and just began experimenting.


Once I discovered how well it worked, I ran to Hobby Lobby and bought some mini square canvases. Now I just need to figure out how to make a large one. I'm thinking I may need one of those apparatuses that Tom Cruise used in that Mission Impossible movie. You know…when they lowered him down into the room in that contraption that held him up over the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment