about

Monday, June 30, 2014

INSPIRED FINDS OF THE WEEK

I didn't plan on buying anything this weekend, but then…
I had one of those moments when I see something interesting that I can't stop looking at. I pick it up, I put it down, and I even take a photo of it …before I finally decide I need to just take it home.



I ran into one of those stores that I can't stop myself from just checking out every now and then to see if there just might be something that I've got to have. On this just-checking-visit, I saw this groovy Cynthia Rowley pillow that looks like a modern piece of art. I looked at it, walked away, looked at it again…well, you get the point. I haven't decided exactly where to put it yet, but I'm glad I brought it home.

I also ran into Ikea, where I discovered these great orange,red, and fuchsia faux-alligator picture frames.


They come in a set of 3 for only $15. Again, I'm not exactly sure where I'm going to put them. Cool colors, and 3 for $15… c'mon …I couldn't be expected to pass something like that by.

And one more groovy thing…


I ran into a Joann Fabric store for…I can't remember what exactly, but I do remember that on the way out…this guy/gal caught my eye. It amused me, and I began to imagine what fun things, besides an actual plant, that I might choose to put into him/her. I always enjoy mixing some unusual things in with the "usual" things in my home. I didn't even have to think about whether or not I should buy it…once I noticed the 80% off sign. It looks like something that Jonathan Adler would design. Once I figure out where to put my new pillow and frames, and what to put into my new lips-planter, I will be sure to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment