about

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

PAINFUL PURPLE INSPIRATION

Gorgeous! 


That's exactly what I said when I saw this stunning sphere of purple, in a field next to Chick-Fil-A,  just as I was pulling into the drive-thru for an iced tea. After I got my tea, I quickly pulled over, grabbed my camera, and captured this beautiful image. I want to paint it on a big canvas, I want to make a sphere pillow that looks just like it, I want to have a big bowl of them on my dining room table…etc…etc... Yes! it filled me with many inspiring ideas, but finally a few weeks after I took this photo, I decided to first pick a few to put in a vase.
They would look great in a vase….right?



Yeah…that's what I thought too…until I went out to cut some.
They look like lovely-purple-poofs, but they're really "ferocious-spikey-weeds!"
It was quite painful, but I was determined to tame a few of these wild beasts.



Apparently, this is thistle. So let me just worn you…if you touch it…thistle hurt.
I definitely wont be picking anymore of these ferocious fellas, but I still think they look pretty cool. After my battle scars heal, I may still get the paint and canvas out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment