about

Monday, July 14, 2014

SCONCES, CHANDELIERS, AND MIRRORS OH MY !

I strolled into Legacy Antiques in the Dallas design district with a friend over the weekend. She needed to get out of the house, she has small children, and she knows that I always enjoy an excuse to get out and find new inspiration. 


Wow, what a beautiful place to find some great 18th and 19th century antiques. 
 Ok, so I'm not exactly a connoisseur of such things, but I do know great style when I see it. I would love to own a few of these fabulous sconces. I'm putting them on the wish list.


These are the very inspiring and lovely pieces that I think go perfectly with a bit of modern decor. Keep scrolling down and I'll show you what I mean.


But first, let's take a moment to ooh and ahh.  OOh…Crystal chandeliers, golden lamps, and venetian mirrors.


Ahh…mirrors, mirrors, and more mirrors. 


How fabulous it will be…work with me I'm prophesying into my future!… As I was saying, How fabulous it will be to put a gorgeous french antique Louis…the XV? The XVI? … one of the Louis' mirrors, over a beautiful console and next to a pair of my wish-list-sconces.


This look, as seen in the showroom, is quite lovely, but I would….


Change it up a little to my vision. I love the mix of old and new, antique and modern. I could go in several directions with the sconces, and I would of course add a beautiful slab of marble on top of the console. What do you think? 
If I owned the very ornate gold sconces, as seen in the original showroom image, 



I would use them to flank a large piece of modern art. 


I could definitely find a great space for any of these fabulous mirrors. The wish list gets longer. I like this place, and I know that my stylish-antique-lovin'-parents would like this place as well.


This venetian mirror would be perfect in a minimal vignette with a simple white lacquered parsons style console. My parent's would cringe! They don't do modern. They may not love my specific style, but they love me.


Wow, If I had a daughter, I would want this for her room.

Today, we looked at big ticket design, but tomorrow… well, I spent less than $10 on tomorrow's edition of great decorating ideas .So, come back and check it out! My parents might even like it.

1 comment: