about

Saturday, August 2, 2014

AUGUST IN THE READING CORNER

It's August, and time for a new look in the reading corner.

 

This month I was inspired by some great water art that I found at the Wisteria Outlet (HERE).


First, I brought in the pillow that I recently made for my blue chair, and then grabbed the turquoise pillow that I had purchased at TJMaxx just a few months ago. Together, they look perfect with my turquoise and blue under-water-image.


As for that cool under-water image, I've had this roll of bulletin-board-paper sitting in a closet for a few years. I purchased it at Hobby Lobby for less than $10. I hadn't used it yet because I thought it didn't look perfect enough for the water image that I originally had in mind. But, when I pulled it out to have another look…suddenly, it looked pretty cool. It came in a roll of 4'x12'. I cut just a few feet off and framed it. There's enough on that roll to make one for yourself and several friends as well…if you want to share.


Like I've said before, I love water images, art, photo's, etc…
This is the view from my bed…which is where I like to sit and admire it.

In July's reading corner design…(HERE). I told you about one of the many great book's I've read in my reading corner. 
This month's book is…


The Pleasure of His Company, by Dutch Sheet's. 

It's not a book about "religion". It's so well worth the read! I thought I would just read straight through the whole book, but instead, I read a chapter at a time so that I could really "get it!" and keep it! I'm pretty sure I'll be reading it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment