about

Monday, August 18, 2014

BLUE DOORS, BLUE HORSE, BLUE PRINT.

Found a fantastic new place to ooh and aah over.
A beautiful store, called Blue Print, on Fairmont Street in Dallas.


It's a gorgeous home furnishings store set in an old restored beauty of a home on a pretty tree lined street. Check out those great glossy blue doors, which can be found throughout the home/store, and that fabulous blue horse hanging on the wall? Love it! Want it!


As soon as I walked in the door, I knew this would be one of my new favorite places. I want a staircase like that! The art, the furnishings, the details of this gorgeous store, had me excited to see what might be in the next room.


You know, if you've been reading my blog, that I love mixing old and new, traditional and modern. Well, this lovely store, established by 5 designer friends, shows a great example of this perfect mix.


I can't stop looking at all the great architectural details in this home/store. 


The plaster moulding and beautiful millwork makes for a perfect setting for a modern & traditional mix. 


Love how they put those Saarinen Tulip chairs with an antique wooden table,  modern art over a traditional vignette, and the fun Bubble chandelier to top it all off.


Great chairs!


The blue room. I'm liking those white chairs on the right and those chunky glass lamps too.


I found just a bit of an Asian detail in each room.


That's my favorite wallpaper of the moment. I showed it in yellow and a very bright blue, a few posts back, but I'm thinking the gray is a good choice when you plan to add a lot of color to the room.





I had to go around a second time to make sure that I didn't miss any fun details. Along with all the great home furnishings, there was certainly a lot of great art to admire.


I discovered, while scanning the Blue Print web page, that one of my earliest and favorite "great art" pins on my Pinterest page was… 


…this great picture from Blue Print. 
In fact, there was so much art to be discovered on this little visit, that I will dedicate a whole post to it…tomorrow.





4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful store - know I would be perusing for hours. Adore all of the chandeliers, but the one in the third image is fantastic. Thrilled to find and follow your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that chandelier too, and I'm thrilled to have a new follower.
      Thank you for your kind comment (-:

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for blogging about our store. We appreciate your praise. Please come by again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the great inspiration. Your store is beautiful, and I will definitely be back.

      Delete