about

Friday, August 15, 2014

INSPIRED TO BECOME A STREET ARTIST

I discovered this funky wooden man sculpture, while driving down a fancy Dallas street, in an exclusive Dallas neighborhood. 

   
He's sitting right out in the front yard of someone's grand home.
I liked him, because he's a bit weird, and because it's not the kind of sculpture one might usually see in this very exclusive neighborhood.
Suddenly, I found myself …Inspired Yet Again…of course.
This funky-wooden-man inspired me to do something crazy, to become a daring street artist. 


This is my first masterpiece as a rebel artist out in the wild suburban streets just on the outskirts of Dallas. Can you see it? Get a little closer.


Instead of cans of spray paint, like so many of my other fellow gutsy artists prefer for their bold street art expressions, my wild and crazy adventuresome medium is bits of driftwood, bark, and acorns. 


It was pretty brave of me to attempt my new venture as a street artist during the day, but I didn't see anyone watching, and I didn't hear any sirens…so I threw caution to the wind and created even more. 
Can you see it? It's on the bottom of that tree behind the bench.


This one is happy!


So, if you happen to be in the park, and you see some graffiti artsy faces looking back at you from the trees…just pretend you don't know who put them there.




No comments:

Post a Comment