about

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

INSPIRED TO CREATE SOMETHING BLUE

Inspired yet again, by the beautiful art and decor from my visit to Blue Print in Dallas (see my last 2 posts) I have created another… what I like to call…MASTERPIECE! 

tada
My blue eagle collage. I shall call it, 'SOARING TO NEW HEIGHTS'.
The color blue was inspired by a certain horse painting, that I want!, and the collage part was inspired by those great collage faces I shared with you yesterday. 

How did I create such a masterpiece, you ask?


I started with a canvas. 
First, my youngest son and I played around with adding layers of different paint colors. If you like this, and are possibly thinking that you love it, then you may not like step 2. 


Step 2 was to cover all that color with white. Don't panic! Stay with me, there is a method to my madness.


Step 3 was to sand off some of the white in order to let some of the color show through. I also added just a bit of color on top with colored pencils.


Step 4 was the really fun part, ripping pages out of old magazines. At this point, I knew I wanted to use the color blue, and that my object would be an eagle. I first mod-podged a drawing of an eagle onto the canvas, and then I began ripping my anything-blue-magazine-pages in to pieces of wings etc…until my bird was complete. 


He looked pretty good here, but just needed a little something more.

So…


I laid my almost-masterpiece down on the floor, and began adding bits of sky.
And viola! 




2 comments:

  1. wow love your blue eagle! Thanks for sharing the creative process, makes it just that much more amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think I'm going to be a bit obsessed with collage art for a couple weeks, but I've also planned some other fun diy art projects…so stay tuned.

      Delete