about

Friday, August 29, 2014

VOILA! AN INSPIRED MODERN WORK OF ART

I've been inspired to forge yet another new creation?


I shall call it "The Color of Inspiration".

Are you asking yourself, "I wonder how she did it?"
Well, I'm going to tell you…anyway.


First I gathered up my weapons.


I've had this idea for a while. I had planned to create it in a very large size, but then, one creative day, while browsing through the art supply store, I saw this pack of a much smaller sized moulding…and… Lightbulb!


I arranged my assorted collection of moulding into a random, yet inspiring… of course, order.


Hmm...I kind of like it just like this, but that will have to be for another project.


Next, I began painting each stripe of moulding in a different, and very colorful, color.


Wow! That's a bit bright!


After I put the frame over my very-vivid colors, I knew I needed to tone those puppies down just a bit. I grabbed a small can of glaze/stain. I brushed it on, and then wiped most of it away.


Much better!


Where will I hang it? Not sure yet, it's currently resting on the sofa…getting acquainted with a few of my past creations.

Maybe I'll sell it to the highest bidder…all offers can be e-mailed to Inspiredyetagain@gmail.com



2 comments:

  1. this is such a fun (and colorful) idea! potentially even an upcycle idea! Love it and will start collecting so I can make my own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm currently working on a new inspiring project with the pieces that were left over.

      Delete