about

Thursday, September 18, 2014

A FEW INSPIRING OBJECTS

When I see something that inspires me, I immediately see all the possibilities.

(Ambition glazed porcelain vases found at JANUS et Cie)

Sometimes I see where I might place it in my home, but more often these inspiring objects give me ideas of how to create something. I don't like to copy stuff, but I do like to put my own spin on what inspired me. These great vases fill my creative side with many unusual ideas. 


Yesterday, a friend and I checked out a place called NAPA HOME in Dallas. We discovered several great items of inspiration. 


Like these large colorful striped vases.


I'm often inspired by the display fixtures just as much, and sometimes a bit more, than the actual merchandise on display. Take for example…these cool circular shelves.


There were several fabulous slabs of petrified wood in this store that fascinated me. The whole…wood turns to stone…thing, is quite amazing.


This groovy glass object would be a lovely chandelier. 


This is no velvet Elvis, but it is indeed a painting on velvet. Love it! 


And of course, a day of inspiration could not lack at least one giant sized object. 





No comments:

Post a Comment