about

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

INSPIRED BY THE MADI ART MOVEMENT

I accidentally, but delightedly, happened upon the MADI geometric art museum in Dallas.
(Cosmopolis V 1946)
This, both concave and convex, piece 'Cosmopolis v' was created by Carmelo Arden Quin, the Madi movement primary founder. 
What is the Madi movement? Well, You will get a pretty good visual idea as you view the following works.


A work by Martin Blaszko, a friend of Carmelo, who also helped found this creative art movement.
What does 'MADI' mean? Well, apparently there are a few different possible answers to this question, but the most popular is… 
Movimiento Artistico De Invencion.  


When we (my youngest son and I) walked in, we were amazed by all the shapes and colors. Our eyes didn't know which way to look, because there was so much to see.


In the car on the way to this destination, my son was not very pleased that he was chosen to tag along with me. As we began to walk around and take in all the great shapes and colors, my son asked if he could have my iPhone. "Seriously! We're in this space filled with all this inspiring art, and you want to sit and play games on my phone?" He looked at me like I was a bit crazy and said, "No mom, duh! I want to take some pictures."
:-)


I'm glad we both took lots of pictures because now I have some serious visual inspiration for my next few masterpieces. 


This one is one of my favorites. I want to hang this in my house. I think my next masterpiece will have to be an interesting irregular shape rather than your standard rectangular canvas.


There was more art than there was space to show the art in this engaging museum. On every wall, down every hall, in every corner, every square inch seemed to be covered by art. 


Speaking of space, I would love to see any of these artists studios. I can imagine they would be filled with amazing splashes of color…spilt out on the floors and walls. 


The piece above and below were created by Ricardo Paniaqua. I'm thinking he would like one of my latest pieces… "The Color of Inspiration."  I especially like the dripping stripes above, which is also very much like another piece I had a lot of fun creating. I bet Ricardo's work space is something quite inspiring to see. 


These triangles of color by Ricardo Paniagua are fantastic. 


These inspiring mixed media pieces are by Milan artist, Pergiorgio Zangara. He specializes in cubes and semi-circles combined with plexiglass. This piece looks like a lovely abstract butterfly.


I like a nice 3-d work of art.


And there are many to be seen at the Madi museum.


Along with several great framed two-dimensional pieces as well. 


I assume that you figured out a bit of what the Madi art movement is about from these many inspiring works of art.


Oh, and let's not forget about the fascinating sculptures.


Even the gift shop was filled with inspiring works, like Pamela nelson's great sequin art.


And some small masterpieces by Beti Bricelj.

I don't know about you, but I'm definitely…Inspired Yet Again!


No comments:

Post a Comment