about

Sunday, October 26, 2014

FINALLY! A SILVER SPHERE CHANDELIER.


I've been talking about this for way too long. It was time to actually do something. 


I'm talking about that collection of silver spheres I've collected…of course. The plan was always to create a chandelier, but the thought is always easier than the doing part.


I could have just left them in a bowl, because silver spheres look pretty in a bowl.
But…I had bigger plans.

By the way…I took that second photo while laying on the floor underneath the chandelier….I thought it was a cool angle. At least I didn't take a selfie with it.


In the meantime, another smaller plan went wrong…(see photo above) making it possible for me to finally actually put those spheres to use.


I don't know what those puppies are made out of, but it was no easy task to punch a hole through them. A drill would not work. I had to use a very sharp pointed nail to hammer a hole through. Even that wasn't easy, but I won't bore you with the agonizing details….let's just look at the pretty outcome.



Tada!





5 comments:

  1. Wow, you did it. Fantastic! It's actually a good thing that the drum pendant filter broke. It was all meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And yes, sometimes the accidental creation is better than the original plan.

      Delete
  2. I really like this Aunt Laurie! You have always amazed me with your creativity. :)
    ~B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you "B" :-) You're pretty amazing yourself.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete