about

Monday, October 20, 2014

GOT TO HAVE ART

Art! An essential part of any well designed space.


While a chandelier adds drama to the space, art brings the zest…the vim…the verve…the pizzazz. 


Whether it be a painting, sculpture, photograph or….whatever your particular preference, art is one of the most important elements of a great design.


And, it doesn't have to be a complicated piece to add that all important…'oomph' to a space.


While size is subjective, my personal opinion is that every room needs at least one large piece of art. 


This brightly colored large work, created with pastels, was one of my favorite finds from my visit to the Dallas Design Center last week. Notice the great size of this work of art …in the image on the right. I like how the artist, Jamali, used 10 separate pieces of paper to create one very large creation.


It even inspired me to pick up some pastels of my very own. I'll let you see what I create…as soon as I figure out what it will be.


Another of my favorites of the day was this, also quite large, painting titled… Under The Apple Tree. Unfortunately, no one could actually read the artists signature.


But, we don't have to know who created it, to admire it. I especially like the colors in this fantastic piece.

Art! Buy it, borrow it, or create it…but don't live without it!





2 comments:

  1. ok, so now I have the chandelier and you're telling me i need art...ugh. :) Guess it's back to the easel!
    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't just have drama and leave out the oomph. That would be boring.

      Delete