about

Thursday, October 2, 2014

OCTOBER IN THE READING CORNER

It's October, but still feels like August in Texas.
Nevertheless, it's time for a new look in the reading corner.


Inspired by fall, or at least the hope of fall, this month I went for the cozy cluttered look. You know…like in those fabulous New York/Paris apartments that have way more art and books than they have space.


I started with the Art. 
Modern art in gold frames…always a favorite. 


I took the lovely "MOVEMENT IN PURPLE", painting by Jeff Harris, from my office space. 


And, my very own recently created masterpiece…


"THE COLOR OF INSPIRATION" which you can see the details of how I created it…HERE!


Next, I added a few cozy, textural, fall-colored pillows.


And then some fun eclectic accessories. If you're a follower, you know how I like my buildings.


I'm liking the mix of frames and colors in this October look.


What do you think?


I started this monthly re-decorating the reading corner project back in July.


Here's a look at all four months…
JULY (Fuchsia and Orange)
 AUGUST, my favorite so far. (Turquoise)
SEPTEMBER (Red, white, and blue)
OCTOBER ( Gold frames and Fall colors)

You can click on each previous month (word) to see the post and inspiration for each unique look.



4 comments: