about

Saturday, October 18, 2014

WHY I LOVE CHANDELIERS

I love chandeliers because they add drama to a space.


While strolling through the Dallas Design Center last week, I spotted several impressive chandeliers.


If it's the first thing you notice when you walk in the room, it obviously has made some kind of impression on you. Hopefully it's a "Wow! That's fabulous!" rather than a…"Yikes! Where did they get that thing from?" impression.


Your art and furniture can be fantastic, but adding a dramatic chandelier turns fantastic into magnificent.


The size of the chandelier also adds to the drama. 



Look how dramatic a modern style chandelier can be in a traditional setting. I love mixing styles. This chandelier is more like a great sculpture hanging from the ceiling…


I don't know if you can read that price tag but….
Would it be weird if my chandelier cost way more than my car?

It… this very-expensive-silver-sculpture-chandelier, inspires me to get to work on that silver sphere chandelier I keep talking about. 


So far, I've collected the spheres… 


Notice the way that this lovely opaque-crystal chandelier adds elegance to this space.


Whatever the style you like , there's definitely a perfect chandelier out there for you.


And, don't think you must have just one. 
Hanging more than one chandelier, of a similar style, in a space… definitely adds drama.




No comments:

Post a Comment