about

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

BEDROOM MAKEOVER WEEK ONE

Started working on my bedroom transformation.

Lamps,modern art,decorative pillows, interior design

My inspiration came from Novembers reading corner. I was especially inspired by the new lamp, my kids art, and those blue pillows


I found a great ikat style fabric for my drapes that works just right with those pillows. 


I went to a few places to look at drapery rods and finials. I ended up liking this one (above) that was in Lowes. The only problem was that it happened to be discontinued. We checked the stockroom and the computer inventory…but nothing. And then…as I was walking out the door the guy says, "Hey, I'm going to have to take that display finial down and get rid of it…you want it?" Yes! Even though it was only one, I had hope in finding another.


I knew it would look great with my new fabric. 
Did I find another…you ask? or…Did I just draw one onto the wall on the other side? 
To be continued…


Here is some of the art and photo's that I will use in my new design. I'm loving my sons self portrait. It's the red, blue, and orange one hidden behind another of his elementary school masterpieces. It's not quite as handsome as he actually is…but it's cool. Now I gotta get my younger son to paint one of himself too.


Now for the rug…

NO! This is NOT it. 
It did however, make me laugh… so I took a picture to share with you.

Do you ever see something that you're not sure if you love it or hate it? Well…I pretty much know how I feel about this one…so please don't send me your old shirts because I'm pretty sure that I will not be blogging a how to make a rug out of your old shirt-arms post….   Well, not unless I get really desperate for a DIY post idea.

Next week we'll probably see it on the floor in a Ralph Lauren ad or a fancy designer's home…and we'll all suddenly be wanting one.

It could happen.




4 comments:

  1. I really love that drapery finial! I am in the market for some and wouldn't have thought to look at Lowe's, but I will now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, Thanks for commenting. As for the finials, you never know where you just might find something great. I always keep my eyes open. Every once in a while I happen upon something great in an unexpected place.

      Delete
  2. Laurie, I miss your fabulous and colorful posts! Perhaps you've needed to take a blogging sabbatical. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda,
      Yes, a sabbatical of sorts. Completing the writing of a book. It's where my heart is right now. Will update you soon.

      Delete