about

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

HOW TO CREATE A COLORFUL COLLAGE PORTRAIT




I'ts time to create something!


STEP 1
 Put some colorful paint on your paper.

I used some heavy watercolor paper because I had it, but bristol board or 
anything else that can take paint will do.

STEP 2
Create a design with your paint.

I used a piece of cardboard and scraped across the page to create my design.

STEP 3
Choose a photo, and make a black and white paper copy.

I chose a photo of my nephew's cute son. He's a super-happy little guy.
Technically he's my "grand-nephew" (my older sister's grandson), 
but I'm not so ready to be called a "grand"-anything.  



Step 4
Cut out your image and other shapes that you want to add to your collage. 
Use as many different materials as you like. 

I used gold glittered card-stock for the hair and striped wrapping paper for the shirt (body).



STEP 5
Add your final details and mount, mat, and/or frame your masterpiece.

I call it  Easton 1.5 
because his name is Easton and he was 1 and a half years old in this image.



No comments:

Post a Comment